Dress for the spring concert is "Sunday Best" with men wearing dress shoes, dark socks, dress slacks, a shirt and tie. Ladies may wear appropriate fitting pants, or a skirt that falls below the knees. Hosiery must be worn with a skirt. Tops may not be low cut, sleeveless or sheer and shoes must be closed-toed. "Sling-back" shoes that are closed toed are appropriate.
Wind Ensemble (Mr. Bell):
4:15 Please be seated in small band hall for warmup.
5:00 performance on stage, Finished approximately at 5:30. Please put your instruments away quickly and go home.
Cadet and Prep Band (Mr. Hoyt):
5:00 Please be seated in the big band hall in concert attire with your instrument.
5:35 Is the approximate time for your performance on stage, and you will be finished at approximately 5:55. Please put your instruments away quickly and go home.
Concert Band (Ms. Hoff):
8:55 AM (end of class) Please put your instruments in a practice room after class on Tuesday. Ms. Hoff will guide you through this process.
5:30 Please be seated in the small band hall in concert attire with your instrument.
6:00 Is the approximate time for your performance on stage, and you will be finished at approximately 6:20. Please put your instruments away quickly and go home.
Symphonic Band (Mr. Hunter):
5:50 Please be seated in the big band hall in concert attire with your instrument.
6:25 Is the approximate time for your performance on stage, and you will be finished at approximately 6:45. Please put your instruments away quickly and go home.
Band Auditions for Brass and Woodwinds will begin Wednesday May 8th
The audition packets were passed out on Friday April 19th. Most auditions will take place during the band classes. Parents are asked to check with their child to make sure that they have their audition materials and that they are preparing for a successful audition.
Band Banquet, Friday May 10th
In order to have a smooth and pleasant band banquet experience, please take care of the following items:
1. Check to make sure that you are cleared of fees and fines by logging onto charmsoffice.com All discrepancies should be directed to email@example.com. Students that are not cleared will not be permitted to enter the band banquet.
2. Students may bring one guest in addition to their parents or guardian. All of the guests' names must be present on the ticket order form. All guests are subject to approval by the Pearland High School band staff.
3. All students must have their photo ID to enter the banquet. Dates must arrive together. Students that do not have a photo ID will not be permitted inside the banquet hall.
4. Students must remain in the banquet hall. Once a student leaves the building, they must leave the property. Students will not be permitted to "go get something out of their car real quick".
5. Students will not be allowed entry to the banquet after 8:00 PM and the there will be no refund of the price of the ticket.
6. Students that need to be picked up should have their ride at the Knights of Columbus Hall, located at 2320 Hatfield Rd. (behind Strickland Chevrolet), no later than 11:45 PM.
7. Attire for the band banquet is semi formal and will follow the dress code for the PHS prom.
8. Dress Code for Girls: Girls may wear semi-formal evening, cocktail, or party dresses. Strapless dresses are acceptable as are dresses with bare or open backs. Dress length should be at least mid thigh. Dresses with bare midriffs, see through material, skirt slits that go above mid thigh, or that are excessively tight or low cut are unacceptable. No undergarments should be visible. Everyone must wear shoes at all times while inside any public building.
9. Dress Code for Boys: Boys may wear semi -formal dress or evening wear such as slacks with a dress shirt and tie or a coat and tie or a dress suit. Canes or walking sticks of any type are not permitted. Everyone must wear shoes at all times while inside any public building.
10. Students that have been removed from the band program will not be permitted to enter the band banquet.
Content copyright . Pearland High School Band. All rights reserved.